StudyPortals is the International Study Choice Platform. Our mission: "Empowering the world to choose (for) education". How? by making study-choice transparent globally. We help Universities with easier and more effective international marketing & recruitment solutions.
StudyPortals started as a spin-off from a couple of large international study associations that were frustrated by a total lack of information for finding international masters in Europe: MastersPortal.eu was born and proved to be an overwhelming success. In 2009, the company was further professionalized by founding StudyPortals BV, a private enterprise, which now also publishes BachelorsPortal.eu, PhDportal.eu, ShortCoursesPortal.eu, LanguageLearningPortal.com, PreparationCoursesPortal.com, DistanceLearningPortal.com, ScholarshipPortal.eu and STeXX.eu.
We are driven to realize a positive contribution to our world with our platform. Beyond that, the StudyPortals Foundation realizes charitable projects related to our mission or team, mostly with the UNICEF Schools for Africa campaign.
By the end of 2014 the StudyPortals team consists of over 65 people with 24 different nationalities, with the centre of our operations in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
We currently have more than 1,600 participating universities in 46 countries. We cooperate with and are supported by the European Commission and many national institutes such as the DAAD (Germany), Nuffic (Netherlands), British Council (UK), SUI (Norway), OeAD (Austria), Universidad.es (Spain) and many more. International Student Associations are still our key partners in further developing our services, as well as informing students about the assistance our portals can give them. Almost all large international student associations are our official partners, see the list here.
The following developments have driven the need and motivation to create the original MastersPortal.eu:
- Europe is unifying their University systems powered by the Bologna Process, 48 nations in Europe aim to unify their systems in a three tier system of Higher Education: Bachelor's; Master's and PhD. In 2010 the European Higher Education Area was supposed to come to its full effect.
- Mobility is key Students and Researchers are encouraged and supported to relocate themselves to another university in another city or country when moving to a next level.
We found that there is no comprehensive internet source where international degree programmes could be found and compared on an international level:
- Despite the wave of newly created (master's) programmes, of which many with an international focus, there were very little information sources available and those existed were at best at national level.
- Finding and comparing programmes internationally was a time consuming and strenuous activity.
- Through our investigation on the topic we have received many complaints from students in and outside Europe about this lack of information, which even left them to stay at home, or study in other continents, primarily the USA.
We consider international study experience extremely valuable to students´ development. Through our portals we try to fill the information gap that hinders students from finding and starting their international studies. On this mission, there´s still a lot of work to be done, but we are working enthusiastically and welcome cooperation with students and universities.
Apart from that we have a group of student-ambassadors across the globe, both helping us with reviewing our contents as spreading our name to other students. Do you support studying internationally, and want to help others to do so as well? Contact us for the student ambassadorship!